Our experience informs our technological advances.
Optec Displays, founded in 1985, continues to be a major contributor in the development of LED display technology innovations. As a result, Optec has grown into one of North America’s leading-edge large-format LED display manufacturers.
Over 35 years of research, analysis, application, and constant constructive exchanges, with some of the most challenging dealers and clients, informs our design, engineering, and technological advances.Key Dates in Optec History
- 1985: Developed the first wireless controlled LED displays for commercial use
- 1988: Rolled out the largest LED display network in the United States involving over 20,000 displays installed in over 4,000 supermarkets.
- 1990: Developed the world’s first full color LED display modules.
- 1996: Manufactured the first full color LED video display in the United States.
- 2002: Developed the Hybrid Pixel system featuring "hot swappable" pixels and individually louvered LEDs.
- 2003: Offered the industry’s first 5year warranty on LED display components.
- 2005: Designed, engineered and manufactured the “Twin Dragon Tower”, the world’s first LED display to wrap around a 720 degree radius.
- 2006: Developed DNET cloud based content hosting and sign management software system.
- 2007: Implemented the industry’s first nationwide comprehensive services and support program for commercial LED displays.
- 2010: First company to offer 5 year parts and onsite labor warranty for all applications.
- 2013: Introduction of interior tight pitch solutions.
- 2015: Moved into new 100,000 sq foot manufacturing facility in Ontario, CA.
- 2016: Introduced the Intelligent m modular cabinet with 1 cpu per led tile ad advanced diagnostic utility.
- 2017: Inf Mod and M2 product standardization for easy quoting, and quicker lead times.
- 2018: Introduction of Outdoor tight pitch solutions and expanded warranty options.